Wildflower Seed Bombs
The wildflower seed bombs are made from compostable, post consumer waste paper embedded with a beautiful selection of wildflower seeds.
The seeds are high quality non–GMO seeds, included in the wildflower seed mix are;
- Clarkia elegans – flowers June – August
- Rudbeckia hirta (Black-eyed Susan) – flowers July – October
- Bellis perennis (Daisy) – flowers February – October
- Lobularia maritima (Sweet Alyssum) - flowers June – September
- Linaria maroccana (Toadflax) – flowers June – August
- Silene (Campion) flowers March – November
- Gilia – flowers March – September
You can grow the wildflower seed bombs outdoors from March onwards once the last signs of frost have passed.
Step 1: Soak the seed bomb
For best results soak each wildflower seed bomb thoroughly prior to planting out.
Step 2: Place the seed bomb on top of your soil
The wildflower seed bombs can be grown on the surface of a pot or direct in a flower bed in your garden. There is no need to cover the wildflower seed bomb with soil.
Step 3: Water during germination
Ensure that the wildflower seed bomb is kept moist whilst germination takes place. You want them to be damp but not swimming in water.
Step 4: Care after germination
Once sprouts appear, continue to keep the wildflower seed bombs moist but be careful not to over water. Once sturdy seedlings appear, water only as required.
Step 5 – Sit back and enjoy the flowers and wildlife
The gift is now complete! The wildflower seed bombs have now grown into beautiful flowers which will attract and provide vital food to the bees, butterflies, hoverflies and other insects which visit your garden.